Christimas Decorations from One She Two She

This post is from Mariel's blog. Mariel lived with her parents, Karen and Steve Sunday, and were in the 2nd Ward while she was growing up. She has a fantastic blog at www.oneshetwoshe.com -- This idea is hers and come directly from her blog, but I thought it was so cute I wanted to share it with you.

Very rarely do I do craft posts. I love, love, love crafting but with 4 little kids...it will just have to wait. But, I know you gals would love some ideas for cheap, easy, and cute Christmas crafts...so, I found 3 crafts that I did back when I had two kids. These are SO easy that I don't even have to do a picture-by-picture tutorial for you (besides, no time to remake them). They are pretty self-explanatory...but, I'll explain.

Rustic Wood Presents

I love these things, they were sooo easy to make. I just found some old timbers. Or, you can buy some cedar timber at Home Depot. Chop them into block sizes (all different sizes). Then I just rubbed paint on the sides with a rag. I ripped up some strips of flannel fabric to make bows. Then I cut out little pieces of wood for the tags. Drilled a hole in them and tied them on with jute rope. Easy. If you don't have a chop saw, Home Depot will make cuts for you OR ask the neighbor.

These can also be done in a non-rustic way. Just use pine timbers or wood that isn't rough and paint them solid. Put cute ribbons around and you're done....or decoupage scrapbook paper on the sides. Anyway, I have these buggers all around my house, easy decoration!

Homemade Snowballs


Make your own snowballs that don't melt! Keep them in a bucket or place them in groups around your other Christmas decor.

So, for these you just need some "Joint Compound" (for drywall) that is found at the hardware store. Also, a big thing of clear (preferably the really fine) glitter....and some Styrofoam balls. This is kinda messy! So, I just rolled the styrafoam balls in the joint compound and then sprinkled the glitter all over the ball. It's totally cool if they aren't all smooth. Set them out on wax paper to dry. I can't remember how long it took these to dry...but, I think it was a good 24 hours. Done.


Doorbell Wreath

I just bought a small twig wreath at the craft store, some fat-A jute rope, large tin bells, and some flannel scraps to make these. I'm certain you don't need me to explain this...but, basically just tie the bells to a long line of rope and then to the wreath. Hot glue any secret spots to help hold it in place. Get a scrap of flannel, wrap it around the tied rope (to hide the knot on the wreath) and then tie a bow. Easy. I made lots of these for gifts...back in the days.


I hope you like!

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts